iPassword save dialog box pops up in middle of dual-display workspace.

Options

https://imgur.com/a/y8GYz

As shown here, when the dialog to save a password pops up, it does so centered in the workspace, which when you have two monitors, happens to be split across the displays. I think you're just calling the wrong call to get the center, I remember Mozilla had a similar bug about 15 years ago.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0.14393
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @greyhodge,

Thanks for reporting this. We cannot reproduce this with the latest 1Password version yet.

Are your monitors treated as one monitor and not two extended monitors? If so, that'd explain the issue, 1Password is centering on the active monitor, which is what Windows is giving us.

If you move the Save Login window to the monitor you want and save it, it'll save the location and appear there next time.

We are looking into changing the APIs in a future update, there are other related issues with the ones we're using.

• greyhodge
    greyhodge
    Community Member
    Options

I've moved the save login, it persists in popping up in the center. My desktop is set as two displays, not a virtual single display, or so I think. I'm unaware of setting multiple monitors as one single monitor, my displays are 1920.1080 and 1920x1200 so I'm not even sure that would be an option for me anyway. Is there a way I can help debug this on my end?

• There might be.
    After this happens again, please create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77863/ipassword-save-dialog-box-pops-up-in-middle-of-dual-display-workspace
    • Your forum username: greyhodge

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.