Can not empty trash in 1Password 6.5 (.401d) on Windows (again)

Options

I just installed 1password 6.5.401d on Windows 10 Home 64-bit and tried to empty the trash (10 items). I get 3 error messages pop-up in the left lower corner - one for each vault.

I also have 1password on Mac, and likely deleted a few of the items from my Mac - but in a perfect world that should not make a difference ;-).

When i sign in to my families account on the web () it says: "There are currently no items in the trash."

In a previous upgrade I had the same problems with emptying the Trash ...

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot empty trash

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hugh_maaskant: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It shouldn't matter where you deleted items. What's the error you're receiving? Do you perhaps have items in the Trash which are part of one or more local vaults (which are read-only)?

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: please see attached screen-shot for the error messages (note I masked out the user names in green). After restarting 1Password the problem went away, i.e. the vault is empty again; my guess is due to synchronising with the (empty trash) on the families account website. Furthermore there were no local vaults involved.

Since the problem was automagically solved I fear I cannot help you much with the diagnosis. As far as I am concerned the case can be closed and thanks for the quick reaction :-).

rgds, Hugh

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hugh_maaskant: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me! The screenshot is appreciate, since I can now see why you didn't include more detail: the error messages are not particularly helpful! :lol:

I'm sorry about the issue, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. It sounds like it may have just been a temporary connection problem. Be sure to reach out if you encounter any further issues. We're here for you! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

This is a recurring issue for me as well, and certainly not a connection issue.

On 1Password 6.5.401d on Windows 10, 64-bit. I can move items TO the Trash, such as the temporary-generated Password items, but when right-clicking the Trash to empty it, I get the same error @hugh_maaskant screenshotted above.

This happens with a 100% recurrence rate, regardless of connection status. I'm definitely doing it on a Vault I'm able to edit normally, and this exact same workflow worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago.

• hugh_maaskant
    hugh_maaskant
    Community Member
    Options

@jkymarsh - thanks, its good to no it is not only me ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jkymarsh: Is this happening to you still? Have you perhaps made changes to your account, where you'd need to re-authenticate? Getting the diagnostics from your computer might help shed some light on things:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track it down. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.