Sync Error and Offline Change [Will be improved in 1Password 6.3]

Options
Jim_R
Jim_R
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi. I sent an email back in January to support+windows@agilebits.com. I followed the instructions below that Mike T. wrote to @mmm1. I attached the diagnostic report. I heard nothing. A couple days ago I followed up. You guys were really responsive when I asked a question earlier using this forum, but I'm getting nothing back from support+windows@agilebits.com. Before I re-do the diagnostic report, please explain how I'm going to get help on this. Thanks!!!
Jim Regan

Hi @mmm1,

Thanks for writing in. Sync errors usually mean the item was rejected by our servers, this isn't something you can directly fix on your own. To figure this out, you have to get in touch with us, so we can figure out what happened. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Comments

• mmm1
    mmm1
    Community Member
    Options

I did a workaround by copying the item (login) to a "new" item and deleting the previous item. I don't have the error, or logs at this point.

• Hi guys,

@Jim_R,

Sorry about that, we're short-staffed at the moment with illnesses and we're a bit behind in the email support volume.

I've replied to your emails about this just now.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member
    Options

I am also getting the same problem. I have one item that did not sync. I deleted (trash) the item from Sync Errors & Offline Changes, now there is nothing in either section, however, says 1 in both ?

When I go to trash, I cannot restore the item back...

1Password 6.3.359d for Windows

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Spaldo:

Please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you have this issue, so we could take a look. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! We will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg thanks for the quick reply. Emailed as requested. #HZJ-76374-659

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Spaldo: I've found your email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

ref: GRU-48931-382

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg as per my email the new beta looks to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help :+1: :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Spaldo: That is great news! :chuffed: Thank you for keeping me posted. Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on 1Password 6.5.401d on Windows 10 and I have a "Sync Errors"/"Offline Changes" entry (actually had it for a while, I'm just finally doing something about it). Would you like me to send in a diagnostics report?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettcannon: That may be best, as we don't want to take any chances with your data. But if it's only a single item, it may be simpler for you to check 1Password.com and see if that item is correct there. If so, you could just start over with the app and login to your account to get all of the data again. Let me know what you find!

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty The item is actually blank (no name, no password, nothing), so I tried just wiping the data but the darned entry still came back. I emailed in my diagnostic report (support ID [#ZSM-59879-292]).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettcannon: Just to confirm, do you mean that you already quit 1Password, renamed %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password, re-setup the app with your account, and you're still seeing the sync error? From here it looks like the server is rejecting it, so you shouldn't get it back again after resetting since it doesn't have it. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZSM-59879-292

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty correct; I quit 1Password (unless I also have to quit my browsers as well), renamed the data directory, launched 1Password, logged back in, and then I still see the bogus entry (and attempting to delete it makes the sync error show up again and it doesn't disappear and a restart of the app). I can confirm this is happening on two different Windows 10 Creators Update machines.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettcannon,

Thank you for the report! We've found it on our side and we will get back to you via email soon. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.