fake 1password?

Options

When I use the keystroke combination ctl \ to get 1Password to fill in my credentials, I am getting a pop up that tells me "no suitable items" and asking me to search all vaults. There is a setting button that tells me I am running 6.1.304d.

Is this for real or is this something bogus? I've never seen this before and ctrl \ has always filled in the form for me. This is happening on Chrome. It is also happening on FireFox and I don't even have the 1Password extension installed!

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:fake 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stevewoo: It sounds like you simply have multiple versions of 1Password installed: the latest standalone app (1Password 4) and also the new app we've been building to support 1Password.com accounts (1Password 6) — albeit a very outdated version of that. If you're not using a 1Password.com account, it would be best to simply install that from Windows. Otherwise, you can always get the latest version from our site:

1Password downloads

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member
    Options

I've looked at Programs and Features and the only 1Password I have installed is 4.6.1.620. I did do some virus hunting and found Trojan.Gen.2 and got rid of that. I wish I could post a picture of what this thing looked like, but as soon as it lost focus it disappeared.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevewoo,

This is very strange. Could you please share a screenshot of the extension from 6.1.304d when you press Ctrl + \? Here is how you can attach the screenshot here:

We will be looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not seeing it today. Is there a way for me to manually show that? I see what I expect today - the non-accounts version. Whenever I tried to take a screen shot - it disappeared. I was ready to take a picture with my phone but it was broken. :-(.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Does it show up if you search in the Start Menu? Maybe you installed it from the Windows Store. It's hard to say for certain without more information, but I wonder if you for some reason have remnants of another installation hanging around — perhaps some files were in use and couldn't be uninstalled properly. I'm glad to hear you're not having trouble with it now, but if it happens again it may be worth actually installing 1Password 6 and uninstalling it to have it remove all of its files. We're here if you need us!

• @stevewoo 6.1.304 was a release through Windows Store, it was pulled away shortly as we are not ready yet. Sorry for the confusion, there is no need to worry if you do not have it already.

This discussion has been closed.