Chrome extension not syncing with 1Password main program.

Options

(Using Windows 10 Pro) chrome 1Password extension (installed from 1Password) is not syncing with main 1Password program. All other devices (iPhone, iPad) are syncing properly. I can add log in via the chrome extension and those will sync properly with main program, but other logins I created on my iPhone are not showing up in the chrome extension (but are syncing with main program). Tried removing/deleting the extension and reloaded from 1Password program settings to no avail.

1Password Version: ver 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension not syncing

Comments

• Hi @mlawrnce,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the 1Password browser extension in Chrome.

Can you please give us a few more details about the issue?
    The reason I'm asking is that clicking 1Password Chrome extension button invokes the 1Password Helper (Agile1pAgent.exe), a background process, that then accesses your 1Password database directly and is also responsible for showing you the user interface.

I'd like to ask you to double check if the logins you're looking for are actually present in the main 1Password app on your PC.

If so and the logins don't show in the Chrome extension, then there's still the possibility that for some reason they're configured not to be shown in the browser. There's an option for that in each entry that you can check by editing the item on your PC and looking whether the Display in web browser option is activated.

Other than that, we might be looking at a strange bug at which point I'd be very curious about the cause.

We'll get to the bottom of this :)

Cheers,

Alex

• mlawrnce
    mlawrnce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks you very much for your speedy reply. Unfortunately after checking for the "Display in web browser" I have to invoke that famous American philosopher's favorite phrase when realizing he missed something quite obvious - D'oh! There were no URL's associated with these log ins (they were more a reminder of different WiFi passwords). Once I put any URL into the edited login they of course showed up in the chrome extension. Sorry to waste your time and thanks again.

• Aaaah, that explains it, @mlawrnce!

And please don't consider this wasting our time. We're here to help you.
    If there's anything else we can do for you, never hesitate to contact us.

Cheers,

Alex

• dmos66
    dmos66
    Community Member
    Options

I currently have 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet v4.6.5.90 Chrome extension installed on my computer, along with my 1Password for Windows v4.6.1.620 which is linked to my Dropbox folder. When I try to use my 1Password extension installed in my Chrome browser, it is not seeing or allowing me to point it back to the locally installed 1Password app/library; it is trying to force me out to the 1Password Account in the (your cloud version). I have checked everywhere, but there isn't anywhere I can see to point it back to a local install.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmos66: It sounds like you have 1Password 6 installed in addition to 1Password 4. Please try to uninstall 1Password 6 and 1Password 4 should connect to 1Password extension automatically after that. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.