chrome opens into whole page

Options
david_ber
david_ber
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

when clicking on the google chrome extension it opens a whole page - not just the small window from which I can choose which websites to login to - how can I see just the small pop-up window?
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome opens into whole page

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@david_ber: I'm not sure what you mean by a "small pop-up window". Can you give an example? Is this website specific?

• david_ber
    david_ber
    Community Member
    Options

This is the window that I am expecting to see:

Instead I see this:

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@david_ber: Ah, thank you! So, this is going to sound crazy, but what you're referring to as the "small pop-up window", and pictured in your screenshot from the Mac, is what we call "1Password mini". And the second screenshot, the one from Windows, is also 1Password mini. But it appears to be maximized on your screen somehow. I'm not even sure how that could happen, but there should be an "escape hatch": just quit 1Password completely from the notification icon, and then hold Ctrl and Alt when opening it again to reset the window size/position. Let me know if that helps!

• david_ber
    david_ber
    Community Member
    Options

How do I quit completely from the notification icon please? By notification icon I assume you mean the icon in Chrome?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@david_ber: The "notification area" in Windows is the spot with all the little icons, at the far end of the task bar from the Start Menu. Just right click the 1Password "keyhole" icon there and select "Exit 1Password":

• david_ber
    david_ber
    Community Member
    Options

I exited and tried to hold down Ctrl and Alt and then click on the browser 1Password button but the whole window still opens. I will try to remove from chrome and reinstall.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@david_ber: Sorry to hear that. Reinstalling the 1Password browser extension probably won't help, as the UI is handled by the app. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Also, grab the Even Viewer logs:
    1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VRB-52665-773

• david_ber
    david_ber
    Community Member
    Options

I thank you for your reply. All rather complicated I must say! I am sending you the diagnostics report. 1Password does not appear under Applications and Services Logs - I will send you a screenshot of what I see.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@david_ber: Thank you for the email! We have found it on our side and will get back to you as soon as possible. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.