1Password not filling out login fields

Options

On Windows 7, using Firefox 50.1 and IE 11, the keyboard shortcut combo Ctrl+\ does not always fill out/populate the username/password field, it's intermittent. Instead it's as if the Ctrl is pressed followed by whatever characters are in my 'username'. Say for example when trying to login to Cisco website (https://sso.cisco.com/autho/forms/CDClogin.html) and using my User Name 'ciscopretend' I would press Ctrl \ but instead of filling out the login fields, the Ctrl key is continually being pressed followed by characters 'ciscopretend'. So Ctrl+c (dosn't do anything), Ctrl+i (which brings up the Bookmarks), Ctrl+s (brings up the Save dialog), Ctrl+c, Ctrl+o, Ctrl+p (brings up the print dialog)....and so on for all characters in the 'username'.
This has been happening for over a year with previous versions of 1Password, Firefox and IE. Format is English (United States), Keyboard is English (United States) - US. Using Laptop with USB keyboard, replaced two keyboards, on-screen keyboard doesn't show Ctrl as being pressed when this is happening.

Any ideas?
Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617(19)
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bitcryph3r,

Thanks for writing in.

Am I correct to assume you've never reported this to us before, like here or via emails? I haven't seen any other reply from you.

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can look at it for you. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• bitcyph3r
    bitcyph3r
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow up. Correct, first time post here, the report contains a lot of personal info so I will not be emailing that.
    I did change my shortcut combo to Alt+\ and only the first two times I've seen the same behavior as described in my previous post except the 'Alt' key would seem to be 'stuck'. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks.

• Hi @bitcyph3r,

We understand but to clarify for everyone reading this, the diagnostics report does not contain any personal or private information at all, we wouldn't ask anyone to send us report if it did. We have a privacy guide to explain what we do collect.

1Password will assign Control + \ and Control + Alt + \ to the keyboard shortcut you set. In the words, if you assign Control + A, Control + Alt + A is automatically assigned to bring up 1Password Helper to avoid direct filling. That's why assigning Alt + \ will not work, it can result into Alt + \ all the time regardless.

However, your issue isn't something we've seen before in 1Password. Do you have any tools on your computer that could control how your keys are pressed, like a text expansion tool, scripts that run based on shortcuts like AutoHotKey or anything like that?

• bitcyph3r
    bitcyph3r
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I've upgraded to a new laptop and 1Password is working fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear that 1Password is working for you better, and I'd call getting a new laptop a win too. It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.