How can I retrieve a deleted password from the trash?

Options

How can I retrieve a deleted password from the trash?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I retrieve a deleted password from the trash?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ryanjo: You can either right click it and Restore from there; or, once you've selected the item (its details will be shown on the right), there will be a Restore button at the top as well:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ryanjo
    ryanjo
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

[screenshot removed by AgileBits staff for privacy reasons]

I don't get the Restore button when I ckick on the file in Trash

• ryanjo
    ryanjo
    Community Member
    Options

OOPs, I went to my online account, and there was the Restore button. I don't know why, but it didn't appear on the desktop App window. Thanks, problem solved!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear! In case it helps, in your screenshot above you appear to be viewing a Shared vault, not the Trash, which is why you probably didn't have an option to restore anything. Anyway, we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@brenty - I wonder as well, if it's because ryanjo looks to be running the stable branch of 1Password 6, whereas brenty's screenshot is from the new 6.6 beta which has support for restoring passwords from the trash (hopefully those on the stable branch will be able to find out for themselves very soon :+1: )?
    (Edit: Sorry, I'm not sure on this, I thought restore was a new feature in 6.6, but I think it's in the stable version too? I got confused as the release notes for 6.6BETA-428 say that if you use the delete key, you can now restore from trash).

Also, I don't know if ryanjo's screenshot can be edited to remove their gmail address? I know the Agilebits forum is pretty safe, but I still don't like it when personal email addresses are exposed to the internet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

@pbryanw: Ah, good catch. And I think you're right. That's my mistake. Sometimes I lose track of which version I'm running where... :(

@ryanjo: Sorry if I confused you with that. If you're running the current stable version (6.5.401d), you can right click the item and copy it to a specific vault:

And while it isn't available today, we should have the new version ready for you shortly as well.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@brenty - Same here :chuffed: I use the beta version on my main PC, but there are various other versions, in different states of update, strung out across the few virtual machines I use for Insider and Window's testing.

It was thanks to the lovely new blue sidebar, and UI improvements in your screenshot, that I could pick it out as the 6.6 beta. On that topic, I'm not lying, when I say this is the update I've been most looking forward to in the Windows version's short lifespan. Can't wait until the stable version is released :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pbryanw: We are working on it really hard. :) Thank you for participating in our forum, we really appreciate it. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.