Intel SGX is only available in beta builds of 1Password 6

Options
pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited June 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I had Intel SGX enabled in 1Password 6.5 for the extra security it provides.

However, after doing a fresh install of 6.6 (I decided on a fresh start after 1Password beta testing), I can't seem to find this option anymore. It used to be under the Advanced section, but now I only have Enable EFS and 1Password Browser Extension Integration.

My motherboard has SGX support (introduced in a recent BIOS update) and it was working with older versions of 1Password 6, so I don't know why it's no longer working with the newly released 6.6?

Any help appreciated. Thanks again.

1Password Version: 6.6.439d
Extension Version: 4.6.7.b2
OS Version: Windows 10 Anniversary x64
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

Thank you for reaching out and using the latest version of 1Password! :+1:

SGX is available only if you opt-in to use betas, even if you are running a stable version. Please go to Options > Update and check the box next to "Include beta builds". Let us know if you see SGX option after that. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg - Hi, thanks again for your quick reply and help :+1:

This makes sense now - I was only seeing the SGX option because I was running beta builds. Is there an ETA as to when it will be coming to the stable branch, because I think I'll wait for it to be released to stable now, rather then go back to beta testing for the time being?

Kind regards, Paul.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

At the moment, Intel SGX support is limited as a beta feature. We're trying to get it to stable as fast as we can but it is not entirely in our control.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - Thanks, I think I'll wait until SGX reaches stable, as I think with all the useful updates in 6.6 I'm ready to move back to the stable branch now (well until the release notes drop for 6.7 and tempt me back into beta testing :chuffed: ). Thanks for your's & Greg's help with this :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. We'll try to tempt you back onto beta testing soon.

This discussion has been closed.