Family Administrator Password vs Personal Vault Password

Options

I'm the administrator for a Family account and use my Family administrator password to maintain family members, etc via the web. When I'm using the 1Password app on my PC, I've used the password I've had on my personal vault since before Family accounts came along.

Recently, I think after an update, the 1Password app has stopped accepting my personal password and now I must use my Family administrator password in order to access items in my personal vault. This sudden shift in behaviour has left me very confused.

Can anyone shed some light?

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TStephens: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! Indeed, it sounds like you had originally setup 1Password on your PC with a vault/account what used a different Master Password. In the past, it wasn't possible for the 1Password app to detect and update this locally to match, but we've made it so that it can now. 1Password should always require the Master Password of the first vault/account in the list in order to unlock the app, as it does on other platforms — including the web. Does that match what you're experiencing? If so, I apologize that the behaviour was not correct previously and that gave you the wrong expectation. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.