Can't sync, can't create new items? Forced to subscribe and pay again?

Options
sebrk
sebrk
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

So the reason I bought 1Password (Mac & iOS) is because I was able to control my hosting completely by my own. I don't care if the security is the same going with a subscribed and hosted dito. I paid for the stand-alone twice already. Now I need to use Windows at work. I find out that not only am I not able to sync with my previous data (without said subscription), I have to run 4.x in order to even be able to SAVE and edit new items.

I'm sorry if I come off a bit disrespectful but [inappropriate language removed by AgileBits staff]! What sort of business model is this? I already paid for it, now you want me to pay more and do everything in your power to make syncing a hassel again?

Geez, thanks Agilebits. Now I know where to never put my money again.

If I misunderstood something here, please explain it to me and I will remove this.

1Password Version: 6 and 4
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: macOS, iOS, Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud and Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sebrk: Thanks for reaching out. Also, I apologize if this seems harsh, but this is a technical support forum and offensive language of any kind is not acceptable. Keep in mind that we have to keep things friendly for everyone who visits. We appreciate your understanding on this issue, and will be happy to help you in any way we can.

I’m really sorry for the confusion though! That's correct, if you paid for 1Password 4 that's the version you're entitled to use that version, and can do so for as long as you wish so long as you have a machine to run it on, without having to pay anything more.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits](https://support.1password.com/why-account/). And if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com we'll be happy to help you make the transition. Just post the Support ID you receive here and we'll see what the best option will be for you as an existing customer. Otherwise you can continue using the version you paid for and it won't cost you another cent. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.