Password audit in Windows coming?

Options

Can we expect any password auditing facility in the Windows version? I need two features:

1) Alert on duplicate passwords
2) Search all passwords for a particular (sub)string and show the resulting logins

Any rough ETA? I have a lot of less than secure passwords and want to get them all changed.

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: native

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TravelSD,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :+1:

We are planning to bring more Security Audit features to 1Password for Windows, but I don't have any ETA for you at this point. Those features (+ advanced search options) are on our list, so please stay tuned. In the meantime, please try to update your passwords manually, using 1Password browser extension.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again @TravelSD,

I totally missed a part with search in my previous reply, so my teammate corrected me. Right now, we have "All Fields" search by default. It means that you can search for fragment of your weak password now and the app will show you all items where that sequence is found, including password fields. Please let us know if it works for you. Thanks! :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Ah didn't know the search did passwords too....that is helping a lot! Would be helpful if you could limit search to current password and not previous.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TravelSD: Thank you for your suggestion! :+1: We are not planning to stop improving 1Password 6 for Windows, so please stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.