Just got a new Surface. Trying to get 1Password to work but giving me an error

Options

I am trying to right click on accounts to get it to fill in my username/password and the error I am getting is "no items for selected category and search term." Using Chrome. I have the 1password icon in my browser. Somehow it seems like the 1password data in the app that is on my computer is not working with the widget (not sure what else to call it) that comes up when you right click on a password spot. Thanks!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: just downloaded it
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: ? Dropbox?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Samuelhoughton: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! That message means that 1Password doesn't have any logins matching your search criteria. If the browser extension couldn't connect to the 1Password app at all, you'd be getting an error for that (can't find Helper).

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you seeing logins when you search for the exact same term in the main 1Password app? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.