After updating master password via 1password.com admin console, Windows ver. 6 still requires old PW

Options
aknewhope
aknewhope
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I recently switched to a 1password.com account and use the Mac, iOS and Windows apps. After changing my master password via the admin console, the Windows version 6 app is still prompting for the old password. Mac and iOS logged me out and took the new password. When I initially made the change, I received a little red notification about credentials in the bottom left corner of the Windows app. I don't remember if it signed me out, but I eventually removed the account and tried to sign back in. It will only accept my old master password. I have also rebooted and removed 1Password version 4. Any suggestions? Could connecting to this Windows 10 machine over TeamViewer be causing the issue?

1Password Version: 6.6.439d
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 version 6

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @aknewhope,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the confusion with 1Password on Windows.

If you're using 1Password 6 for Windows, you'll need to finish changing your password in the app by clicking on that little red notification and entering your new Master Password to sign in. If we are already past this point, please try to do the following:

1) Sign in to your account at 1Password.com in the browser and make sure that you have all of your data there.
    2) Start over in 1Password 6 app and sign in to your account with a new Master Password.

Please let me know if it works. Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.