I cannot import into 1Password 6 from my v.5 local vault

Options

Following the instructions provided on your site I tried to import a local vault last maintained in v.5. The vault dropdown is empty and the import button does not respond. UI is unresponsive, which is unfortunate.

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 439
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot import

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmarks244: Do you mean 1Password for Mac version 5? There was no version 5 on Windows. Which type of local vault are you using, AgileKeychain or OPVault? I'm not sure what you mean by "the import button does not respond. UI is unresponsive" though. Can you elaborate? Could you also please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• jmarks244
    jmarks244
    Community Member
    Options

It's v4 on Windows. I think the problem is that I don't have a subscription (and don't want one).

• I don't have a subscription (and don't want one).

That'll do it, @jmarks244. 1Password 6 only supports 1Password accounts, so if you'd like to continue using your standalone vault on Windows, you'll want to stick with 1Password 4. Don't worry, we're making sure it keeps getting security updates and we just updated it to support some upcoming changes to Chrome and Firefox so it'll keep working for you. :chuffed:

• jmarks
    jmarks
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for confirming. Is there. Way to download v4? I don't have an installer and it's no longer installed after I tried upgrading.

• @jmarks Absolutely. It's on our downloads page right under the blue download button, but here's a direct link to save you some time. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.