Firefox issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Menu bar not visible.

Comments

• samvi
    samvi
    Community Member
    Options

Finally i found a thread that is spot on my issue well almost. No menus. I understand MikeT what you saying but my issue is that without the menus I have no way to work out my issue of the firefox extension not working. I have installed 1Pv6 on two PCs running windows since I signed up yesterday. Both machines will not run the Firefox extension but will run chrome and opera. I have disabled, enabled. I have deleted and reinstalled both the extension and the browser. On the second install it says in it still looking for the helper. On the other install it has me in the loop of putting in my password which it then tells me is wrong. I look at the path to the vault but since I cant figure out where the vault is (only that it is named personal) i cant determine if that path is wrong. I did install the trial version a while back and never did anything with it. Now a paying customer but having issues. Thanks for any direction.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samvi: I hope you don't mind but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your issues.

First, I'm glad to hear that yore able to use the 1Password extension in Chrome and Opera. That proves that 1Password is working just fine and also gives us a clue as to what's going on. Chrome (and other browsers based on it) are now using Native Messaging to connect to 1Password, and this has helped with a long-standing sore spot for 1Password users: "security" software.

Do you have antivirus, firewall, proxy, or anything like that which may be preventing 1Password from connecting to Firefox? If something is interfering like this it may be possible to set an exception for 1Password:

How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other software for 1Password

Otherwise, if you're not able to stop it, you can continue to use Chrome, and later this year Firefox will be moving to Native Messaging as well. Let me know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.