1Password 6 constantly crashing

Options

Hi, I have a Surface Pro 3 with an up-to-date version of Windows 10 (KB4025342 installed yesterday), and I'm finding that 1Password 6 is crashing constantly. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, it just randomly freezes for about 2-3 minutes and then brings up a crash dialogue ("1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."). Often the program wont reload until I manually kill the process via task manager.

I have read the sticky thread regarding Windows 10 Creators update and I don't have Riva Tuner (per an earlier thread on this forum I read where this was the issue) and I have switched from the beta Chrome extension to the mainline extension without solving the problem.

I am on the 30 day trial and interested in switching from another password manager, so hope you can help :)

1Password Version: 6.6.439d
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @_timm,

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry you bumped into troubles 1Password!

What we need to do now is to find out why 1Password crashes on your PC. Please do the following to collect the logs:

1) Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2) On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3) Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4) Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text
    5) Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post that log file here, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• _timm
    _timm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I've replicated the crash, captured the info you request via Even Viewer and emailed it to the support email address. The support ID I received is #YKZ-94138-616.

Cheers,
    Tim

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@_timm: Found it! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thanks!

ref: YKZ-94138-616

This discussion has been closed.