Entering a valid license key in 1password 4 for Windows and nothing happens... What to do?

Options

I am installing 1Password 4 on a Dell Latitude 7275 running Window 10 (10.0.14393). After installing and opening the program, I am asked if I am returning (yes) and to choose my vault (successful). Then I am greeted with a window declaring, "You're running 1Password in demo mode" and the options to Enter License Key..., I Lost My License, Order Now!, and Order Later. When clicking on Enter License Key, pasting my license into the box, and clicking OK, the license key window closes and I'm back at the "You're running 1Password..." window. Nothing happens. What should I do?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4 windows license key demo mode

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @r2fasani,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

You should be able to activate your copy of 1Password 4, so I wonder why you bumped into this glitch. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• r2fasani
    r2fasani
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,
    I am not able to create a diagnostic report because the Enter License Key Window doesn't go anywhere. It stays active and I am unable to get into 1Password, even from a demo perspective. The below is all I see.

Best,
    Rob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@r2fasani: Can you click "Order Later" to bypass that? It sounds like 1Password isn't able to write the license file there. Do you have "security" software which may be interfering? I'll send you an email shortly and we'll get this sorted out.

ref: MSH-34537-997

• r2fasani
    r2fasani
    Community Member
    Options

Clicking "Order Later" closes the dialog box but then nothing happens. 1Password is completely shut down (no processes or Apps running in Task Manager). This is a work laptop and I don't have local admin rights. I have a VM running on a different computer - same 1Password version, same Windows 10 build - and it's also having an issue, though slightly different. It encounters an error once I enter the license, allows me to generate an error report for emailing, and also has 1Password running in trial mode behind it. I'm not sure if that issue could be related, or if it's something else entirely and not worth pursuing. Thank you for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r2fasani: Either something is damaged in both cases (somewhat likely) and simply installing a fresh copy of the app may help, or you may have other software which is causing an issue. Did you try adding the license from the email I sent? Let me know what you find!

• r2fasani
    r2fasani
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: The request to enter a license no longer appears, but the program doesn't start up at all on the laptop or the VM. It "thinks" for a second, then nothing. I agree - probably a damaged file. I am going to request our IS department get me a fresh copy of the latest build. I really hate not being allowed local admin rights anymore...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r2fasani: Ohh that certainly does complicate things. Sorry about that. Let me know how you get along, and if there's anything I can help with — even if it's just answering some questions for the IS department. :)

This discussion has been closed.