Trouble with File->Export having blank fields

Options

I was trying to do an export to a Tab-Delimited Text file of All Logins, which I have done many times in the past. However now I do not see any data exported for the Title column, which makes the export file not very useful. Just two double quotes for all entries. The notes, username, password, and url and exporting fine. I know I have done this in the past, and the data was there, but now it is missing. I am on Windows 7, using 1Password Version 4.6.2.624. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Rob 1234: I see the same thing on Windows 10, and it does look like the latest update included an exporter fix, so it's possible we broke something while fixing something else. Do you see similar results with exporting to CSV?

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, CSV is also missing the title column. Just blanks. Sounds like I found a bug. Any rewards? 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Rewards are traditionally only given to those that catch bugs and fix them during the beta phase, but we may be able to give you a shout out in the release notes once we're able to determine the cause and issue a fix for it. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member
    Options

I was only kidding about a reward. Just get my export functionality working again, and that will be reward enough for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rob 1234: No problem! I thought that was clever. Never hurts to ask! ;)

The development team is aware of the issue, and we'll get this fixed. Again, I'm really sorry for the trouble this has caused you. We'll get this fixed.

ref: OPW-624

• bergloui
    bergloui
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me on WIN7 latest 1Password version. Missing column when exporting to CSV or TXT. It is practical to have the CSV and convert to XLS and print. On some sites, IPassword does not work because of their weird USER - PASSWORD setup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, it looks like we broke something while fixing something else. We'll get it sorted out. Thanks for your patience. :blush:

• bergloui
    bergloui
    Community Member
    Options

I have been to solve the problem by going back to a previous version. I keep the installers for all the software to be able to do just that. Now I can export as before and all is working..

1Password-4.6.0.598.exe works for me in WIN7. 1Password-4.6.2.624.exe seems to be problematic.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@bergloui: Ah, it looks like you may have skipped several updates there (4.6.0.598 was released in 2015). You can grab the last release, 4.6.1.620 (and all the rest) from our update site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

That should work just fine for you in the mean time.

• bergloui
    bergloui
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I will try it

• bergloui
    bergloui
    Community Member
    Options

4.6.1.620 exports fine, so the problem is really with the last version. Thanks again Louis

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming! That's what we're seeing here as well, which should help us find a solution. Glad that will work for you for now.

This discussion has been closed.