Default vault changed and I don't know how to change it back

Options

Hi- I am unable to use 1pw on my computer because the default vault has changed. Can u walk me through the steps to change it back? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @StephanieDignan,

Thank you for using 1Password! If you need help with it, we're here for you!

However, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell us the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action: http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

Once we understand the issue, we will provide you with further instructions. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• StephanieDignan
    StephanieDignan
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Greg,

Sure! I have windows 10, version 4.6.2.624. When I go to 1pw, the Accounting Vault comes up automatically and I want the main vault to come up. I don't know how to get it to go back to the main vault. I hope that this answers all of your questions. thanks,
    Stephanie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StephanieDignan: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the confusion! 1Password 4 opens to the previously used vault. There isn't a "default" per se. So all you need to do is select the vault you want to use (from File > Open or File > Reopen). And whichever one you're viewing when you close the app will be the one shown when you open it next time. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• StephanieDignan
    StephanieDignan
    Community Member
    Options

Got it thanks! I'm always so happy when something gets fixed! The problem was I couldn't find the vault when I went to File> Open, I was just able to find it so everything is back to normal. Thanks Stephanie

• Hey @StephanieDignan! Glad to hear you were able to hunt it down! If you ever do lose track of a vault again, don't forget about backups. 1Password saves them every day you make changes to your data, just in case. :chuffed:

• StephanieDignan
    StephanieDignan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of everyone here, you're welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.