Firefox/Chrome take over Windows 10 with 1Password Enabled

Options
etherwar
etherwar
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

So a little more detail:

Over the last week, every time I open Firefox on my work computer, The firefox 1Password extension has been asking me to confirm an authorization code, which pops up a corresponding confirmation code from 1Password itself. While annoying (it used to only do this one time), I have just been clicking authorize every time it comes up.

Today, I rebooted my computer and when I opened Firefox I got no authorization prompt. I went about my merry way until I realized that every time I clicked away from firefox, firefox immediately regained focus. That is to say, every time I attempted to do anything else on my computer (like clicking on my outlook client to browse emails), the firefox browser immediately came back to the front of view. Very strange, it took some time to figure out that disabling 1password extension in the addons fixed that problem. I also noticed that even while enabled, the 1password extension in the browser while still clickable, no longer results in a password prompt or the menu popping up.

Is the repeated authorization expected behavior with multiprocess now? I have upgraded to the latest addon via the website and the update function of 1password states that I'm running the latest release.

Under Help > Advanced I have "Use Native Messaging Protocol" and "Verify Browser Code Signature" checked. Although I have also tried to uncheck "Verify Browser Code Signature" and it still results in the same behavior (even after a restart).

EDIT: I'm getting the same behavior from the chrome extension. I get no authorization request page, the 1password extension button does not work, and the chrome window maintains focus.

I can still use 1password4 without the extension, but there's no fun in that!

Please advise. Thanks,

etherwar

EDIT: Additional info. I realized I was on FF 54... upgraded to FF 55 and the same behavior continues. I have sent a diagnostic report to the support email address.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• etherwar
    etherwar
    Community Member
    Options

Here is my support # for reference (I saw advice from another thread to post it): [#ULV-64261-487]

• Hey @etherwar! I've found your e-mail and will take a look at your diagnostics and reply to you there to avoid confusion. Thanks for leaving breadcrumbs to help us hunt it down. :chuffed:

ref: ULV-64261-487

This discussion has been closed.