1Password 4: current known issues with Windows 10?

Options
GJason
GJason
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Apologies if the answer I'm seeking is in the forums somewhere; I've searched and found lots of related posts, but not any that directly address my question.

I currently use a combination of 1Password 6 for Mac OS X, 1 Password 4 for Windows, and 1Password for iOS, all syncing via Dropbox. Specifically regarding 1Password 4 for Windows: I am currently using it on Windows 7 and am considering purchasing a new PC, and thus would be switching to Windows 10. Are there any issues with running 1Password 4 on Windows 10 that I need to be aware of with my usage scenario? I like to be prepared for problems in advance, when possible...

Finally, I am aware of the new subscription pricing model and am considering that as well. The point of this question is to explore any compatibility issues with 1Password 4 and Windows 10 specifically, as the pros and cons of my current usage setup versus the subscription offering have been discussed elsewhere ad nauseam.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.9 Firefox, 4.6.9.90 Chrome
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• etherwar
    etherwar
    Community Member
    Options

I just had my first issue with 1Password4 and the browser extension ever (been a customer for many years). I'm on Windows 10 with the latest firefox and sync via dropbox. Customer support solved my issue within 24 hours and it was a very simple bug.

It's understandable with such a monumental change in how firefox is handling addons now with multiprocessing that there may be a couple of quirks, but I definitely can attest that 1Password4 on windows 10 with dropbox sync has been working nearly flawlessly for about 2 years

• Hey @GJason! There aren't any specific issues with 1Password 4 and Windows 10. You should find it continues to run just fine, but if you happen to run into any issues, we're here for you. :+1:

And thanks for the kind words, @etherwar! Though I'm sorry 1Password 4's near-perfect record was ruined, I'm glad we were able to resolve your problem quickly. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.