(Win) Updated, now cannot WiFi (WLAN) sync with iOS device.

Options

After updating my 1PW installation on my Win laptop, I've attempted to WiFi (now WLAN) sync with my iPhone. I've correctly entered my password upon request into my 1PW on my laptop and have then done the same on my iPhone - carefully (and hit 'Unlock'), without making any errors - only to keep receiving the message 'Enter your Master Password on X-Laptop' countless times, until I give up, press cancel, and receive the error message 'Failed to verify Master Password on your computer'.

Any ideas please guys ?
Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616 (19)
Extension Version: 4.6.1 (Mozilla FF)
OS Version: Win (6.2.9200)
Sync Type: WiFi (WLAN)

Comments

• Hey @seedy,

Thanks for contacting us about this.
    This is a rather unusual form of failure for the WLAN sync process.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Alex

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Apologies for the late reply. I just tried a sync and received the following error:

Sync Failed: Incorrect response received. (Expected 'auth', received 'sync')
    1Password encountered a problem.

I will provide the above requested info shortly.

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    Options

Reports sent.
    Thanks in advance

• Hey @seedy,

We've received the report, will take a look at it, and get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: YMH-87191-743

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'm unable to sync again. Same devices and OS's as above post.
    Have restarted all software and devices but error remains. See screenshot.

I did send all requested error reports last time but the issue resolved itself.

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks !

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    Options

Damnit ! Put replies on hold, I think it may be my firewall. My apologies if so. I'll report back.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know what you find @seedy :).

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    Options

Very late reply - apologies - but @mohamedosman I eventually found that PrivateFirewall 7.0 was indeed causing the issues. I managed to manipulate the rules to solve the issue.

On a side note, VoodooShield was stopping the secure desktop from working too, so I was having to disable it prior to logging in, but now I've updated to 1PW6, the issue is no longer and all is well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! Indeed, firewalls can prevent WLAN server from syncing data if they're blocking 1Password's communications. Glad you were able to set an exception for that though...and that you're enjoying 1Password 6 now instead. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.