Upgrading trial version on PC from upgraded iphone?

Options
n_l_morris
n_l_morris
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Sorry to ask something that has probably been asked before: I've been running the 1Password trial on my old reliable 2006 WinXP SP3 laptop for several years (I know!, but if it ain't broke...) Up to 4.6.0.604 of that Demo version, with the 20 login limitation. I've been syncing it successfully to my iPhone 6 with IOS Version 10.3.3 with no problem, but the last sync was a couple of months ago. The IPhone is running 1PW version 6.8. Today I upgraded to the "Pro" version on my iPhone from the App store, no problem. Now I'm up to nearly 50 logins, and using the WLAN sync I can generate a Secret on the Demo version and have all those logins on the Demo version as well.

BUT, the 1PW icon on Firefox no longer works to enter that saved PW from the Demo version. It seems obvious the two versions are getting less and less compatible, which makes sense. How do I get an updated SW version on the PC as well? Do I need to buy and install a separate "Pro" version for the PC, in order for it to start working again? The two versions are talking to each other, but either a 1PW upgrade or an IOS upgrade (or maybe a FireFox upgrade) has caused the IPW browser extension to stop working.

Thanks for any information.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 / 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: XP SP3
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading trial version on pc from upgraded iphone

Comments

• n_l_morris
    n_l_morris
    Community Member
    Options

Just wrote all this out, and posted it, but somehow it got deleted when I saved an edit. Here's the abbreviated version: what do I have to do to upgrade 1PW Trial version 4.6.0.604 on my XP SP3 laptop so that it has the same features as the Pro version 6.8 on my iPhone? I have 50 logins on my iPhone, all of which have been WLAN synced to the Demo version, and assumed that it would now have the same functionality. Do I need to buy a separate PC version of 1PW? I have the 50 logins there, but it won't let me add more from Windows because of the 20 login limit, and the 1PW extension in FireFox is no longer working in any case.

Apologies if this ends up being a duplicate post.

Thanks for any info,

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 / 6.8
    Extension Version: 4.6.9
    OS Version: XP SP3
    Sync Type: WLAN
    Referrer: forum-search:upgrading trial version on pc from upgraded iphone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@n_l_morris: No problem! Sorry for the trouble you had with posting. Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for the confusion here. 1Password for Windows is not included in the Pro Features of 1Password for iOS, and is no longer being sold as a standalone app. A 1Password.com membership, however, gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But I should tell you that Windows XP is not supported. As Microsoft (and browser vendors) discontinued support for it years ago as well, I'd encourage you to upgrade to Windows 7 or newer, as these will continue to receive security updates and are compatible with current 1Password (and browser) releases. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• n_l_morris
    n_l_morris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, that makes sense. I was getting by using XP with 1PW until recently, but can see the two versions are quite different. I'll finally be getting a new laptop soon with Windows 10, and will look into 1Password.com at that time. For now I'll keep the 6.8 Pro version on my iPhone and do most of my browsing from there. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.