Feature Request

Options

I recognise that what I am about to ask for is outside the area of Passwords. However I have started registering the details of various bits of eqipment that I own, Make, Model#, Serial #, purchase date, Store, warranty etc. To do this I use Secure Notes. It would be very helpful for me if Wallets contained a pre-set template for such stuff or if we, the user, could design templates. ??

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew42: I use Secure Notes for this too. We're probably not going to introduce additional categories like this. We do get requests for them rather frequently, and frankly we'd like this ourselves...but the requests are usually for many different things, and it just isn't scalable/feasible to offer everything everyone wants. So what we'd like to do instead is offer the ability for the user to create custom categories/templates. I can't say for certain if or when that will happen, as there's a lot that will have to be worked out across multiple versions and platforms, but that's our current thinking. Until then, Secure Notes and custom fields are great ways to accomplish something similar with what we already have, but thank you for letting us know the sorts of things you'd like 1Password to be able to do for you in the future! :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty, User definable templates would certainly work for me. I haven't played around with custom fields: I will have to try. Currently I simply give the secure note a title and stuff everything else in the data area.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! I'll be honest, that's what I usually do too! It's just simpler. However, in cases where I have snippets of data I want to be able to copy individually (e.g. a serial number), I will often create a new field just for that since it makes it much easier to do so. Cheers! :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, I'm back again. I've been playing with Secure Notes and adding custom fields. Is there a way to duplicate a secure note? My guess is not, else it would be child's play to create a template.

• @Andrew42: There is actually a very easy way to duplicate a secure note in the Windows app. Just right-click the item and select Duplicate (or press Ctrl + D). :chuffed:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

You are so right. I thought I had tried that, but obviously not: Thank you.

• bundtkate
    edited August 2017
    Options

Not a problem at all, @Andrew42! I still discover 1Password features I've not used before. Our Windows team keeps adding so much new stuff, it's easy to overlook a thing or two ... or five. I think you can be forgiven. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.