Hi. I want to add some jpgs and pdfs to certain documents.

Options

The forums say drag and drop these to the box at the bottom of the new or being edited record. But there is no box or attachment on 6.7.457.

How do I add the documents (which I want to replicate across to 1P on my Mac, Android and iOS devices.

Many thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W 10 Pro
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:attachments

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dasia: 1Password.com accounts use Documents for file storage. If you click "+ New Item" at the top, you can create a single Document item from there and drag a file to it, or upload multiple files at once as Documents. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Dasia
    Dasia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt response. So, does this mean that I have to have say, the passport number and details filed under Passport and the photograph of the passport stored under Documents? Can the be linked together?

If I were to change back to the purchased model rather then the subscription model, would I be able to save the photograph with the passport there?

Many thanks

• @Dasia: These items can be linked on Mac and this linkage will be reflected on Windows. To do so, edit one item you'd like to link and add the other as a related item. Right now, the link can't be created on Windows, but you will see related items you've created on Mac in the Windows app. We're working on adding the option to create new related item links from the Windows app, but don't have a timeline on when this feature will be ready just yet so keep an eye on future release notes. :chuffed:

• Dasia
    Dasia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering one of my questions (the answer being no they cannot be linked on Windows)/

Can you answer the other one, if they can be linked on the purchased model rather than the subscription model (as I will move back to this if this can be done).

Kind regards, David

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dasia: It is possible to attach a file to an item in a local vault, but please note that 1Password 6 for Windows that you are using does not support standalone licenses and local vaults.

We no longer sell standalone licenses for 1Password 4 for Windows (which supports local vaults), as it is an old app that will not receive new features in the future. We are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

I know it must be overwhelming, so please let us know if you have additional questions. We are here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.