Any news on Windows Hello? [No news yet]

Options
PlanetWilson
PlanetWilson
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am a long time Mac user here. Looking to perhaps switch due to cost/disappointment with latest MacBook Pros. Many of the new laptops being announced at CES have Windows Hello via webcam or fingerprint. I wouldn't buy a laptop now without biometrics. However I would love it if I could continue to use 1Password on Windows as well as Mac and iOS. I can see that 1Password 6 has improved greatly since I last looked a few months back but no Windows Hello support is killing it for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @PlanetWilson,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, we have nothing new to share on this. We did have limited Windows Hello support in the UWP version of 1Password 6 in the Windows Store for most of last year but we've recently pulled it for new sales only due to a store issue and we have to update the UWP version first before we can put it back into the Windows Store. I don't have a timeframe on this, it will take a while.

• ScottBriggs
    ScottBriggs
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to add my voice to those requesting Windows Hello (or Pin or an equivalent system) either in 1Password 6 or a UWP version.

We would like to see some Windows love!! We may not have a Touch Bar with Touch ID, but we have an IR camera for facial recognition.

Thanks
    Scott

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ScottBriggs,

The UWP version will be coming back soon, it's still in heavy development but Windows Hello is in there, we haven't removed it.

• Wishmaster
    Wishmaster
    Community Member
    Options

Are there any news on Windows Hello integration with 1password? I'm waiting with the purchase of a new notebook because 1password isn't compatible yet. See, how paramount this little thingy is for some folks :)

• Hi @Wishmaster,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, we have phased out the original UWP version of 1Password and have replaced it with 1Password extension for Edge instead.

We still want to bring the main 1Password app to the Windows Store but I don't know when that is going to happen.

I would not recommend postponing your purchase based on any future software plans, even for 1Password. It may never happen because things change all the time.

This discussion has been closed.