New PC, Have installed 1Password 4 but the Chrome extension from settings wants me to sign in.

Options

My old Win10 desktop ran 1Password4. I have installed 1Password4 on my new machine and have synched it with my ipad and laptop. Using the settings tab in 1Password4 I have installed the Chrome Extension. When I open the extension I get a different different window from the one on my old machine (1password6 version?) and it wants me to sign in to a 1Password account. How do I get hold of the appropriate extension?

1Password Version: 4.6..2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox or WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:wrong chrome extension

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@ninthace: 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 use the same extension, but this is the behavior you'd see if you have 1Password 6 installed. Check control panel, uninstall 1Password 6 if it's there, then make sure that Use Native Messaging protocol is enabled in Help > Advanced for 1Password 4 to make sure the extension works properly. I'd bet you anything that's what's going on. :+1:

• ninthace
    ninthace
    Community Member
    Options

You are a genius. In my early cack handed attempts tp migrate 1Password I had downloaded 1Password6 before I found the link telling me I needed to download 1Password4. I did as you suggested - works fine. Many thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear Kate was able to help. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.