Account frozen after trial - unable to export. [Will be fixed in 1Password 6.3]

Options
lothlorien
lothlorien
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

We were trialling 1Password but haven't made a final decision yet. Our family trial has now finished and the account is frozen, completely expected that, but I just want to export all of our entries. I have the the 1Password 6 Windows desktop app and I am Administrator on the account but when I attempt to Export it just creates a blank text file. Any advice?

1Password Version: 1Password 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393 Build 14393)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export frozen

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hello there @lothlorien,

I am sorry you bumped into troubles with the export!

It seems that you haven't chosen the items you want to export, so that is why the exported file is empty. Could you please follow the steps in this guide on our website and try again? Let us know how it goes.

Please note that exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords. Please do not email exported data files or keep them on the cloud. Delete them when you are done with them.

Also, if you require any info about 1Password that will help you make the decision, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• lothlorien
    lothlorien
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Greg, I should have been more explicit, I forget not everyone you deal with is tech savvy. I was using the information in the guide and I had selected all of the logins prior to triggering the export. I also tried a number of times, in different ways, including just trying to export 1 item and trying different vaults. The export always generated a blank file. I also found it rather odd that after being prompted for the export file name the app then opens Windows Explorer to the location of the empty text file (not something I had expected) but I suppose its a user friendly way of guiding people to the export they just created.

Can you confirm that export of frozen family vault held passwords is possible in the Windows app and has actually been tested before?

• lothlorien
    lothlorien
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and I am fullly aware that the files are not encrypted and I would never email a single password let alone an unencrypted text file full of them. But as you weren't to know that, thank you for being conscientious ands warning me.

• Hi @lothlorien,

There's a permission bug in 1Password 6 where if your account is frozen, it doesn't let you export any items that you no longer can write. We didn't factor in the frozen state when exporting, this will be fixed in a future update.

Could you email us from the email address you use to sign up for the 1Password Families account, so we can fix this for you and you can export once we make some adjustments to your 1Password account.

• lothlorien
    lothlorien
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, thanks, I had a feeling it might be something like that. Happy to email from the relevant email address but which email address should I direct it to?
    Regards
    Lorien

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lothlorien:

I am sorry I wasn't able to recognise the bug in my first response!

Please send us an email to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• simonearle
    simonearle
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I have exactly the same issue so can you fix it for me too? #BAJ-36593-893

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi guys,

Just an update, the upcoming 1Password 6.3 update will fix this issue. It will also be available in 1Password 6.3 beta 2 that's closed to be being shipped within a few days.

@simonearle,

I've fixed your account and replied to your email, you should be able to export now once you restart 1Password.

ref: BAJ-36593-893

• Morpheus6000
    Morpheus6000
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Same here. I have the exactly same problem. It would be great if you could fix me too. #WDU-14647-597

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Morpheus6000: I've found your email on our side and will reply to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

ref: WDU-14647-597

• stavros
    stavros
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you fix my account too?

• I use version 6.3.559 on Windows.
    • I sent an email to support+windows@agilebits.com but I didn't get a ticket number, just some links to check.

What information should I sent and where?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@stavros:

I found your email on our side. We will get back to you as fast as possible. Thank you! ;)

ref: UWS-13775-474

• stavros
    stavros
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg , great! Thanks.

P.S. I am registering for a family account on 1password and I am looking into the easiest way to import my data from the frozen personal account into the family account. In case you have some suggestion let me know :)

• Hey @stavros,

Thanks for letting us know, we'll respond via email.

Cheers,

Alex

• dhutson
    dhutson
    Community Member
    Options

I have been frozen in my account and want to export over to a new family account for your paid service. Export files are empty now, how can I do this?

Thanks, Doug

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @dhutson,

This issue has been fixed in the latest update that will be released soon. Please try to upgrade to the latest beta and let us know if it works for you after that. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• drahnieR
    drahnieR
    Community Member
    Options

hi @Greg

I have 1password for windows 6.3.359d and I'm still facing the same problem. Could you help me fix that?

BTW, the linked page you posted regarding latest beta says that there's a permission problem and I'm not able to view it.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @drahnieR,

I've fixed the link in Greg's post, it should work now.

This will be fixed in 1Password 6.4, which is coming tomorrow if you don't want to use the beta.

• lothlorien
    lothlorien
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I never got back to this, life got the better of me. Just an update to say thanks and I have been able to export after upgrading to the latest version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, no shame in that. Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike and Greg, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• lmrosalesjr
    lmrosalesjr
    Community Member
    Options

I have upgraded to 6.2.333d and still have this problem. Can you please take a look.

BYC-39335-342

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I was just about to mention that you had a very old version of 1Password installed, but it looks like you already came to that conclusion yourself and followed up via email after installing the latest. It should like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We're here for you! :)

ref: BYC-39335-342

• tyrion2016
    tyrion2016
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I'm using 1Password 6.8.1 on Mac. My trial is over and my account is frozen. I would like to export my data but File > Export is disabled. How can I export my data?

Update: please disregard. I forgot to choose a vault.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tyrion2016: I am glad to hear you've figured it out! :chuffed: If you every bump into issues with 1Password for Mac again, please do not hesitate to contact us in the Mac forum. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.