Date Field "Off By One" Issue Between Win 10 And iPhone

Options
jwlent55
jwlent55
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I enter a date in 1Password Family on my Win 10 PC (6.6.439) it shows up as one day earlier on my iPhone (6.7.2). The reverse is not true. I therefore need to add/modify all dates on the iPhone. I have read a few old articles indicating that dates may be stored as an Epoch time (at the very beginning of the day) without a timezone and this could trigger an off by one issue between devices(if they both don't assume the same default timezone). Both my devices show the correct time and are setup for Eastern timezone. I have reproduced this issue with a brand new "test" Identity. Is this still an issue?

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:date wrong one day

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jwlent55: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! We've recently identified the bug and fixed it in the latest beta. Hopefully we'll have a new stable release for everyone before too long. Thanks for taking the time to report this. We're on the case! :blush:

ref: OPW6-1253

• geoff_low
    geoff_low
    Community Member
    Options

I have found the same problem with the Android version. If I enter my passport details using the 1Password website my date of birth, issue date and expiry date are ok but when I look at the same fields using the Android app (version 6.6.1) or the Windows desktop application (version 6.7.457) they are all ahead by 1 day. Note that I am in New Zealand so the local time is UTC+12 hours.

I have also found the same problem with other records that use the full date field (day, month and year). Any date fields that only have a month and year are ok, e.g. credit card expiry date.

• Hey @geoff_low! This has been corrected across the apps now, but to fix existing incorrect records, you'll need to edit the problematic item, delete the date, save it, edit again and enter the correct date. A bit of a pain, I know. I'm sorry, but since 1Password doesn't know which reading of that date is the correct one, you'll need to correct it yourself. Once you've done this dates should be correct across devices. :chuffed:

• geoff_low
    geoff_low
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate. Thanks for the instructions and it makes perfect sense but unfortunately it didn't help. I even added an extra step of syncing the android device after deleting the date to ensure it was removed. I also tried creating a new Passport record with just the date field and they are still out by 1 day. See attached screenshots.

• @geoff_low: That's not cool. :frown: Do you recall whether you created these items on Android, Windows or the web app? I have a PC and an Android handy, so I should be able to reproduce this if its reared its head again and track down which app is to blame for the error, but where the item was created matters so I want to make sure I'm creating test items in the correct spot. Thanks! :chuffed:

• geoff_low
    geoff_low
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: The "Test Passport" shown in the screenshots was created about 45 minutes before I did the post and the record was created on the Website and synced to the Andriod and Windows devices. Hope this helps.

• @geoff_low: Thanks for letting me know! That's a great help to ensure I'm testing properly myself. I'll let you know what I learn. :+1:

• geoff_low
    geoff_low
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: Please let me know if you need any more information. I was a software engineer and software development manager and I understand how difficult it can be trying to replicate some issues.

• @geoff_low: Thanks for the offer, but I did it! When I reset my region to New Zealand and time zone to UTC + 12, sure enough the Windows app changes dates to a day ahead when I create the item in the Windows app. In fact, it resets to a date ahead before I even click save. Odd, but I can reproduce it and will let the developers know. Thanks again for passing this along and for your help reproducing it. Much appreciated! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.