Tags in Chrome extension [Coming in a future update]

Options
ron_jomero
ron_jomero
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just converted from version 4 (not super stoked about that, as a one-time fee was the biggest selling point for me 2 years ago when making a decision). One thing I enjoyed about version 4 was the ability to sort passwords in separate folders.

I use 1pw at work as well as home, and I sign into many secure sites specifically at work. And some of those sites are grouped together in and of themselves. I work on a SaaS platform, and have to log into at least 6 or 7 development versions of it. In version 4, it was a simple matter of clicking "Login" then expanding "Work" and then "Servers" and then finding the one I want. Super fast, never had to take my hand off my mouse.

I converted all my data to version 6. But it looks like it converted all my logins that were grouped in folders to have their own "tags." That's fine, I suppose. But.... the Chrome extension doesn't give me the option to just browse by tags. If it does, I am missing it.

If I have to type anything into the search bar, for me that defeats the purpose of what I want to do (which is log in as quickly as possible, removing the keyboard entirely).

Is there an option to just quickly search by tags without having to touch the keyboard? If not, can you add a little icon for "Tags" and let me drill-into what I have set up there?

Thank you for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ron_jomero,

Thanks for writing in.

Tags is definitely coming to 1Password mini but we don't have a timeframe on it.

1Password.com only support tags, which is why you saw your folders migrated to be tags when upgrading to 1Password 6 with support for 1Password.com accounts only.

1Password 7 for Windows will have support for local vaults and licensing, we started developing a new codebase with 1Password 6 and it doesn't have all features implemented such as tags in 1Password mini and other features, which is why it isn't an upgrade for licensed customers yet.

This discussion has been closed.