I am having trouble getting 1 password to update on my Surface Pro

Options
mlofaro
mlofaro
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am having a hard time getting 1 Password to update on my Surface Pro. It gives me "Setup detected that Internet Explorer for Windows) is Currently Running" . I did see this In another post and it says to go into the task manager and close all apps running. I did this and it did not work. Any suggestions?? I also can't uninstall the program either??

1Password Version: 4.0.1
Extension Version: 4.0.1.503
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot get my 1 pasword to update

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlofaro: Definitely restart Windows. But first download the latest version directly from our website, as you're running one that's years old. Then, after rebooting, run the installer manually instead of using the updater. Let me know how you get along!

• mlofaro
    mlofaro
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing, so frustrating!

• @mlofaro: You may need to uninstall 1Password 4 via Control Panel before installing the latest version. Could you give uninstalling first a try and let us know if you see the same error message? Thanks! :chuffed:

• mlofaro
    mlofaro
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to uninstall it but I get this error message.

• @mlofaro: That's a bit of a head scratcher. Do you have any anti-malware programs running on the Surface, by chance?

• mlofaro
    mlofaro
    Community Member
    Options

Yes but I ensured everything was off/disabled?? This one is a mystery??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlofaro: That is really odd. Try booting into Safe Mode to install from there (and uninstall if you're still encountering issues — it may be that starting from a "clean slate" helps since the install was aborted previously).

• mlofaro
    mlofaro
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to install the new file in safe mode and un-install the old one and I get the exact same errors.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlofaro: That is indeed a mystery! Could you please specify what type of AV/anti-malware software you have on your PC?

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.