1Password can't update or uninstall after changing user directory

Options

After reinstalling Windows on my desktop and getting my apps, including 1Password, setup, I realized that my folder in C:\Users\ had the wrong name (it prepended my domain name). I followed some esoteric steps to change it to what it should be, however, since then 1Password can neither update nor uninstall (to reinstall), saying that it was unable to create a directory under my old Users folder. I assume that, despite it being installed in the proper place, there's a manifest or reg key somewhere with the old directory - how can I modify that so I can update?

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise w/ Fall 2017 Update
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1Password can't update or uninstall after changing user directory

Comments

• moksha
    moksha
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind, figured it out - changed all registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{507707B9-C68C-4986-A4AD-F25B24C152FA}_is1 to match the correct user directory.

• Hi @moksha,

Thanks for reporting this and letting us know you got it fixed. Were you able to update to 1Password 6.7 okay?

• moksha
    moksha
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Yup, update was successful after changing the reg keys!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update (no pun intended)! It sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.