Syncing Edge addon with my 1password single licenses help

Options

I currently have the single licenses for my MACs and PC's which I purchased a few years back. I have just tried the Microsoft edge addon but looking at the login info it needs I don't have the secret key.
Do I have to upgrade to the monthly 1password accounts to use this feature?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mccltd,

Thanks for writing in.

Do I have to upgrade to the monthly 1password accounts to use this feature?

Technically, no. 1Password 7 for Windows is in development with support for standalone vaults and licensing, it will support 1Password for Edge as it is based on 1Password 6 but we don't have a timeframe on when it is coming.

1Password extension for Edge requires 1Password 6.7, which at the moment, only supports 1Password.com membership.

If you need to use Edge now, then, yes, 1Password.com membership is the only way to get it in order to use 1Password 6.7.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike T.
    Whilst I have the add on to edge 1password does popup asking if I would like to save the login. I click save login and nothing happens.
    Do I need to create a standalone vault?

• MikeT
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @mccltd,

That is to be expected. Once you click on Save Login, 1Password saves it to its database and nothing else is supposed to happen.

Open 1Password 6, you should see the new Login item in the Logins category.

Do you mean you clicked on the Save Login button and it didn't disappear, like it is stuck?

1Password 6 must have a vault for you to save to, there is no option to create a standalone vault, you must have a 1Password.com membership to proceed.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yes when you click on the save login it doesn't disappear, just sits there. have to close it by the X.
    Looking at my 1password I have 1password 4 for windows does that need upgrading.
    Also have 1password 6 for Mac

• Hi @mccltd,

Are you sure 1Password 6 is not installed? The extension has no UI or data, so it can't show you the dialog unless 1Password 6 is installed.

Check Control Panel > Uninstall a program to see if 1Password 6 is installed.

1Password 4 is the latest version for license owners, there is no newer upgrade yet. You'll have to either switch to 1Password.com membership to get 1Password 6 or wait until 1Password 7 and uninstall 1Password for Edge for the moment.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I will have a look tomorrow as i'm now at home.
    I am now on my mac and I signed up for the free 30 day trial and set-up the account. I then went into the original 1password licensed that i have on my mac and went into the option account and linked it to the trial account I just set up. which it has done.
    whilst logged into the free trial in my web browser I was expecting it to sync my password and logins but nothing has happened.
    I'm I not understanding the membership system?

• Hi @mccltd,

Did 1Password ask to move your existing data to your 1Password account? If you have more than one vault, 1Password won't migrate your data automatically, you'll have to do it manually. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    No i didnt. I've looked at doing it manually and still cant get it to work. Is there a way to reset the new membership account so I can go through it again?

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have done it. I deleted the account in my 1password app and then re added it, now I have the migrate option and its running.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

What benefits are there of the membership account over what i had please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mccltd: Glad to hear you were able to migrate your data! You can find more about the differences here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks for that.
    I created a family membership trial then invited my wife to the account. When I connect to the 1password membership on her app it asks for my login details which I do but straight away she can see all my passwords. Surely it should create a new vault for her rather than sharing my current configured vault?
    As now she has all my logins and details?

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

I'm presuming somehow when adding her apps to the account I should be using different login details as she sees the vault called Private where it seems to have put all my stuff.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Also ref the below reply my windows 10 is running 1pasword 4.6.2.626

'
    MikeT

AgileBits Team Member
    November 3
    Hi @mccltd,
    Are you sure 1Password 6 is not installed? The extension has no UI or data, so it can't show you the dialog unless 1Password 6 is installed.
    Check Control Panel > Uninstall a program to see if 1Password 6 is installed.
    1Password 4 is the latest version for license owners, there is no newer upgrade yet. You'll have to either switch to 1Password.com membership to get 1Password 6 or wait until 1Password 7 and uninstall 1Password for Edge for the moment.

• @mccltd:

I'm presuming somehow when adding her apps to the account I should be using different login details as she sees the vault called Private where it seems to have put all my stuff.

You're correct that your wife should have her own credentials. When you invited her, she should have received an e-mail asking her to join your family account. From there, she will set up her profile (including choosing her own Master Password and receiving her own Secret Key). She'll sign in to her apps using those credentials and will only be able to see her Private vault and the Shared vault by default. Of course, you can create additional vaults and share them with her as well, if you'd like and she's also welcome to create her own. Our Getting Started guide may help her get everything set up properly, but we're here if you have additional questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.