How do I recover lost "Secret Key"?

Options

Lost my "Secret Key" and can not log on to new system with 1password. How do I recover this key?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Lost my Security key and can not log on to new system with 1password. How do I recover?

Comments

• Hi @bwbarnes,

Thanks for writing in.

You should be able to find it in your emergency kit file that was offered when you first set up your 1Password account. This support article will explain how you can find your secret key: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Note that we do not know your secret key and it cannot be recovered, it is a secret only you'd know. You cannot regain access to your 1Password account without knowing this secret key and your master password.

• bwbarnes
    bwbarnes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, I have lost all of the information refer. 1Password except e-mail and password. I can not sign on to the web or app. without key.

• Hi @bwbarnes,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you can't find your emergency kit printout and/or no longer have access to the original 1Password app or web browser you signed in with, there isn't anything else that can be done, you'd have to start over as mentioned in the support article. Use the contact us link on the bottom of the starting over guide if you need help.

This discussion has been closed.