1Password on Windows has some serious issues

Options

Have been noticing the following:
1. On Windows, when attempting to first enter the 1Password Vault, window focus is not consistent, causing me to type my main 1Pwd password into username dialogs on websites, etc.

1. Websites are not consistently being correctly filled in. (Has gotten worse since I "upgraded" to Accounts).
  2. Credit cards now rarely fill out without additional action such as re-pasting in the card number or expiration / cv code, etc.

Hoping this is just growing pains, but I have noticed this on Windows 10 machines with Firefox and Chrome browsers.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.1290
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Accounts

Comments

• @stsanford:

Thanks for your feedback! 1Password for Windows has needed to grow up fast and some growing pains have certainly been a part of that, but by and large the feedback about 1Password 6 has been positive so I suspect at least some of your experiences are things we can address.

1. On Windows, when attempting to first enter the 1Password Vault, window focus is not consistent, causing me to type my main 1Pwd password into username dialogs on websites, etc.

This is one we run into from time to time, but unfortunately does not seem to be consistent for anyone. We've been fooled a few times into thinking we've found a way to reproduce the problem only to find we can't the next day. That said, some certainly experience it more than others. I rarely see it at all to the extent I can't remember the last time I encountered the issue. That said, we do think some folks are encountering this at an unreasonable rate and tracking down the cause is an ongoing project. If you encounter a particular sites or a particular set of circumstances that allows you to consistently reproduce this, we'd love to hear about it.

As an additional note, focus is generally tough. We can ask for focus, but we can't force Windows to give us exclusive focus for any given period nor can we prevent other apps or websites from taking it away, so being mindful of where you're typing your Master Password is always a good practice. :+1:

1. Websites are not consistently being correctly filled in. (Has gotten worse since I "upgraded" to Accounts).

Filling works very similarly between 1Password 4 and 1Password 6, so I'd be surprised if that swap alone is responsible for new issues. Could you share some sites where this has been a problem for you?

1. Credit cards now rarely fill out without additional action such as re-pasting in the card number or expiration / cv code, etc.

Similarly to the above, some examples here will help. Oftentimes, I've encountered credit card forms where portions of the form are hidden until you fill out other portions which can be problematic, but I wouldn't say this has been a frequent issue for me.

Filling problems are a bit of an adventure as they can be related to the item formatting, the website itself, or, indeed, a problem on our end. Having examples to test out so that we can see whether we can reproduce the issue or not can help us track down the root cause. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.