How do I synchronize the 1Password Mac app with 1Password for Windows?

Options
steve_rolfeca
steve_rolfeca
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I use 1Password 6 on my Mac and IOS devices.

After a hiatus of several years, I just purchased a Windows 10 computer to use alongside my MacBook Pro.\

I can't figure out how to set up 1Password on the PC, and have it access my data from the Mac/IOS devices.

The Windows app downloaded OK, but it asks me for a sign-in address, and a Secret Key.

I've looked at my emails regarding the licensing for 1Password 6, and can't find these terms in any of the correspondence about the Mac version.

What am I missing?

1Password Version: 6.8.4 for Mac, 6.7.457 for Win
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite, Win10 Home
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can i use my 1Password Mac account with 1Password for Windows?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @steve_rolfeca,

Thank you for contacting us and using 1Password! I am sorry for the confusion.

It sounds like you have downloaded 1Password 6 for Windows. 1Password 6 is the new app we are building from the ground up and it does not support local vaults and standalone licenses at the moment, it is focused on our subscription-based 1Password.com accounts.

If you don't want to use 1Password account and want to stick with a local vault you have been using on your Apple devices, you will need 1Password 4 for Windows now, not 1Password 6. However, please note that we have stopped selling licenses for 1Password 4 for Windows (it will get only security updates in the future). We are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

We believe that 1Password accounts is the best way to use 1Password right now and you can learn more about it's benefits on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Please let me know if it clarifies the confusion and if you have any extra questions. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.