Keyboard Shortcut for Autofill (Firefox). Can't seem to set it

Options

Hello,
Just transferred from 1password 4 (Stand Alone) to 1Password 6 (with the online account).
I seem to have an issue adapting to the new User Interface.
I don't seem to be able to define a custom keyboard shortcut to make the extension perform the AutoFill Function, which I used to use quite a lot.

I tried going into the "Options" ("Preferences" doesn't seem to be there anymore), but under "General" only found ONE shortcut to set, which is the one to run 1Password Mini.
At least to me, it looks like there is no possibility of setting an Autofill shortcut at all.

Autofill does work in Firefox, but I always have to either click the 1Password icon, or to go through some menus.

I must add that I am using assistive technology (NVDA Screen Reader), so maybe there is an accessibility issue.
I do find a large portion of 1password to be pretty accessible for NVDA though, so i'd be surprised if it really was that.
Also, I am using a keyboard set to Swiss (German) layout. Shortcuts involving both \ and # are usually not working properly, as they both require the use of the AltGR key....

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help in getting that AutoFill Shortcut to work again.

Best Regards and thanks!

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member
    Options

Same right here, I'm a old user from 1Password (standalone) and use my own shortcut keyboard for autofill data in Chrome, but no more

I need a Keyboard Shortcut for Autofill (Chrome).

• Hi @the_swissionary and @Xevian,

Thanks for your input. Regarding the shortcut to fill a login in the browser or show 1Password mini, the accessibility label isn't properly implemented.
    The shortcut is the same as before in 1Password 4: Ctrl +\ to fill a login item in the browser or to show 1Password mini in the browser and Ctrl + Alt + \ to show 1Password mini system-wide.
    You can customise this to your needs.

We have a knowledge base article listing all currently available keyboard shortcuts for 1Password 6: 1Password keyboard shortcuts

As for the keyboard layout, I can understand your issue. I use the German keyboard layout and by default filling is set to Strg + # and showing 1Password works by pressing Strg + Alt + # or, as you mentioned AltGr + #.

We know that there's a lot still to do to make 1Password 6 work well with screen readers and we are on it :chuffed:

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Cheers,

Alex

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex,

My distribution Keyboard is Spanish - Latin American and combination of "Ctrl +\" is a little bit tricky.

In 1Password 4 you are able to choose and change keyboard shortcuts (example, mine are "Shift + |") and always worked fine, but in version 6 not posible to change default keys.

I hope in future releases we can do that,

Best Regards

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Xevian,

Thanks for writing back.

On Spanish locale, 1Password defaults to AltGr + \ because Windows can not tell Ctrl + Alt and AltGr apart. Certain layouts like Spanish, German, and a few others switch to AltGr instead. Can you try AltGr + \ instead?

However, we do plan to add a full hotkey shortcut editor to 1Password 6 soon, we ran into some issues recently when adding it, it wouldn't let us customize any keys. We'll get it fixed and shipped hopefully soon.

• bond2k
    bond2k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

Can you tell me the shortcut for a Swiss German layout? I tried with Ctrl + 3 (that's where the # is) and tried with AltGr + < (thats where the \ is), no luck. Is there a way to customize this shortcut? In Keepass I always used Ctrl + Alt + a.

Thanks

• Hi @bond2k,

You can change the keyboard shortcut in the 1Password general settings. Try changing it to Control + [Alt] + A and see if it helps. Note this means two separate shortcuts, Control + A (direct fill) and Control + Alt + A (show 1Password mini) should be working.

To get to the settings, open the main 1Password window, click on the settings icon on the bottom left, select Options and then select General.

• bond2k
    bond2k
    Community Member
    Options

ah, now I understand the '[Alt]'. It worked for the 1Password mini. Wasn't aware that without it, it means autofill. Thanks a lot.

• Yep, we'll fix that in a future update by separating them out and including a full shortcut editor.

• Pridit
    Pridit
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update on this? Still only able to modify the last key.

• Hi @Pridit,

No updates to share, it is still planned to be implemented in a future update but no timeframe.

This discussion has been closed.