Cursor jumping from 1password browser add-in login to website login

Options

This is a strange problem, and I can't quite figure out what is causing it. On certain websites, when I come to the login page, I will press the 1password browser extension, and the vault login will drop down with the blank for entering my master password. I will start to type the password (like I do on any number of other websites), but my characters don't go to the 1password blank, but the website blank. Usually the username field of the website I am trying to login to.

I am wondering if there is some type of an interaction between 1password and the website where they are trying to take the cursor. The cursor will be blinking and visible in the 1password blank, but the characters go to the website behind the 1password extension window.

I have noticed this most frequently when logging in to a corporate GoDaddy webserver for Microsoft Office Cloud applications.

Seems like the window on top, that I just activated by pressing the browser icon for 1password would have the cursor by default.

Thanks,
John

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro v1703
Sync Type: 1password Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@loddy_j: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the browser version and URLs in involved, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites? Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

• loddy_j
    loddy_j
    Community Member
    Options

I will watch for the next time it happens. The browser is Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).

What I would expect to happen is if I click the 1password browser button next to the address bar, and it opens the mini drop down window, then if I immediately start typing, the characters should show on the 1password login screen. Instead, the characters were showing up on the website login screen behind the 1password window. It was as if the website became the active window but the 1password window was still on top.

I remember it happening for several weeks when logging in to the SSO page for Microsoft Office 365 through GoDaddy, but of course when I just tried it now, it works fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@loddy_j: Ah, thank you for clarifying! That makes sense. This is an issue we're tracking with Chrome. We've done some things already to try to work around this, but the difficulty is that if Chrome's address bar has focus there's nothing extensions can do in that state. I'd encourage you to update Chrome — chrome://settings/help — since you're a full major release behind, and if you encounter this issue again definitely let us know the URL and exact steps so we can try to reproduce it to see if there's something else we can do to help. Cheers! :)

• loddy_j
    loddy_j
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. It is not a huge deal. It happened to me this morning when trying to login to this site.

https://incontact.incontact.com/inContact/Login.aspx

I tried recreating it, and it would not repeat the behavior.

The login screen for the website came up, I clicked 1password icon, login for 1password dropped down, started typing 1password password and the characters started showing up on the incontact password field.

It is not a major issue, just an occasional annoyance. Knowing that you have seen it before and are aware of it let's me know that I didn't do something weird in the configurations.

Worst case, I can live with it. I will update Chrome and see if it changes. You can file this one away with browser integration stuff. I don't need you guys to troubleshoot this specific case anymore.

Thanks for the information.

John

• @loddy_j:

I tried recreating it, and it would not repeat the behavior.

This has been our hangup too. We can't get it to happen consistently, so it's tough for us to pin down the actual cause and know whether it's something we're able to fix or not. We're always on the lookout for new strategies to try, though, so if you ever are able to reliable reproduce the problem, please do share! We'd love to put this one to rest. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.