1Pass extension makes Chrome always jump on top of other windows.

Options

Chrome behaves properly if I disable the extension. I have reinstalled the extension after doing a clean reinstall of Chrome. This happens only on one of my computers- Chrome is set to sync on all my network machines.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 1703
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome always on top

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbarnard: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! What are the exact OS, 1Password, Chrome, and extension versions are you using on each PC?

• dbarnard
    dbarnard
    Community Member
    Options

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
    OS Version: Win 10 Pro 1703

• @dbarnard: Generally, this is symptomatic of a mismatch between the SMA secrets the app and extension have. Give this a try:

1. Open start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits, and press enter.
    2. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop.
    3. Restart Chrome and see if this resolves your problem.

If all is well, you can go ahead and delete the file on your desktop. Let us know if this get things sorted for you! :+1:

• dbarnard
    dbarnard
    Community Member
    Options

That solved the problem perfectly. Many thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbarnard: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :chuffed: Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

• jjvierra
    jjvierra
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to jump in here but I had the same thing happen with Firefox. I followed the directions above and it started working. This happened all of a sudden and I'm wondering what causes it? Is there anything to be concerned about from a security perspective?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jjvierra: (Un)fortunately it's just some issue with the browser stealing focus from 1Password. Removing the obsolete auth file helps though because the browser is not trying to check for the authorization any more. This is all handled through Native Messaging now, with 1Password communicating directly with Chrome, so authentication happens automatically (you'll notice if you try to use an unsupported/unrecognized browser that the connection is refused). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.