Favorites Title Sort Takes Up Ton of White Space in UI

Options

I posted about this in July of last year (which has since been closed). While I like the new UI update, any update on when you can remove the letters in the Title sort option of your Favorites? Most people only have a dozen or two dozen favorites - adding letters and white space (highlighted purple sections in the below screenshot) adds a lot of unnecessary space and makes it so I have to scroll to see all of my favorites.

In my opinion, it's just a bad UI design choice for the title sort option in the Favorites section specifically - it defeats the whole purpose of quickly filtering all of your login favorites without having to scroll. So why not just change it to make it better? :-)

Yes, I know I can use the 'category' sort to mitigate that somewhat, but I also have stuff in different categories of log-ins saved in my favorites.

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Favorites Title Sort Takes Up Ton of White Space in UI

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Keifer: We definitely want the letter/number sorting headers to be clear, so I don't expect we'll be removing those or changing them dramatically. However, it sounds like what you really want is for us to not use those at all in Favorites, which seems reasonable to me. We've got a lot of other things on our plate at the moment, but I'll pass your feedback onto the team. Thanks! :)

ref: OPW6-1783

• Keifer
    Keifer
    Community Member
    Options

You got it. The sorting headers work great everywhere else. When you have hundreds of logins to sift through it makes sense.

When looking at a handful of favorites? Not so much.

Thanks for the reply.

• MikeT
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi @Keifer,

We have plans to remove the sorting from 1Password 6 for Windows for the Favorites category, they're one of the reasons for the headers. Once we remove it and do a little polishing, it'll get rid of the headers and look nicer.

For now, if you switch to Vault sorting in Favorites, it'd remove them unless you have a lot of vaults.

This discussion has been closed.