can't start vault in 1password6 on second PC

Options

I had 2 pc's running 1Password 4 on MSW10. After updating 1 PC to 1Password 6, I succesfully copied the vault into 1Pw6. this all works fine on PC1.
on PC2 I now cannot enter the app, as the Master Password is not accepted.
the description on https://my.1password.com/apps says to 'Open the 1Password app, and choose 1Password.com from the list of options.'. I do not see such a list of options in the app. Neither there is a menu item 'accounts'.
on the same pc login in on 1password.com is all OK, the account is present.
how can I login the first time? Is there anything elso wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: MS W10
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arjanvdz: It sounds like you manually copied your 1Password data from one computer to another. Is that correct? If so, and you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account, please reset the app:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

And, instead of manually copying the local database from one computer to another, setup the app with your 1Password.com account to access your data:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Arjanvdz
    Arjanvdz
    Community Member
    Options

no, I did not manuall copy the data from one computer to another. I only installed 1pw6 on PC1 in order to try out. when it appeared to work fine, I decided to go ahead with just 1pw6 also on PC2.
    So, on PC2 after resetting by renaming the data folder, I indeed was able to install the account in 1pw6. However the vault is empty. Checking on PC1, also here, the vault is empty.
    importing the old 1pw4 vault items into 6 using the import procedure won't work, as I am not ably to select a vault to import into.
    online in 1password.com, my personal vault is still filled.
    How come, on PC1 the app does not show the content anymore?
    why can't I import the data into a vault?
    any recommandation?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Arjanvdz: Ah, thanks for clarifying. You won't be able to import data from a local vault without being signed into a 1Password.com account to transfer the data into.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device so we can look at your setup to determine what steps you need to take:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send them to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent them. Once we see that we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: ASF-85658-929

This discussion has been closed.