High memory usage Win 8.1

Options

Currently using v6.8.492 however this issue has been present in previous versions as well. 1PW seems to consume an inordinate amount of memory on both my Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines. For example, Windows 8.1 is currently using 109mb of RAM and on Windows 10 about 70mb. This seems excessive, especially considering that a 4000 row Excel file is open and consumes only 70mb. (The Chrome instances on the graphic represents 23 open tabs which don't appear to affect the 1PW memory.)

Certainly the app isn't supposed to consume this much memory, is it? I only have 339 passwords in my account, could there be corruption? I quickly reviewed the diagnostics log and didn't see much of substance file outside a lot of transactional rows due to syncs. This usage persists despite restarts and updates. I don't use virus protection beyond the Defender program embedded in Windows.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• kronikom
    kronikom
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing to me. Is there any cause for concern?
    Windows 10 pro x64

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RJC_CA, @kronikom: Thanks for getting in touch! That's pretty normal in my experience, though it will vary by usage. 100 megabytes is not much when you consider the gigabytes of RAM we all have nowadays. A single Chrome tab often takes up more than that, and some of us have a lot of stuff stored in 1Password. If I add up all my Chrome tabs, they're a lot more, so the browser is definitely the resource hog on my system. Certainly we'll see if we can have 1Password use fewer resources wherever possible...but people are mostly asking for more features, not less. But be sure to let us know if you encounter any performance issues, as that's something we're continually working to improve as well. Cheers! :)

• kronikom
    kronikom
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot Brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• RJC_CA
    RJC_CA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'm good then.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RJC_CA: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with all things 1Password.

Have a great week!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.