Prompted to install each time I open

Options

I installed 1Password on Win10, but each time I try to open it via the desktop icon I'm prompted to install it. It says "Ready to install" and "Setup is now ready to install 1Password 6 on your computer" and "Click Install to continue with the installation".
I do so, and get message that 1Password Native Massaging Host and 1Password for Windows desktop are using files that need to be updated by Setup. I check the recommended button "Automatically close the applications" and go on.
Then it seems to me like the program is installed and I get to enter my Master Password and so on.
But next time I want to open the program, the same procedure starts all over again. Does anybody know what I can do about it?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:install

Comments

• @LeFr: It sounds like you're opening the 1Password.exe installer each time rather than the 1Password application. It also sounds like the app is already running when you're doing this, based upon the message about running processes, so it's likely properly starting when you boot up your PC. Give this a try, if you could:

1. Down by your clock on your task bar, click the arrow to expand your system tray.
    2. Ctrl + Click the 1Password icon here to open the main 1Password app.

This should just open the app and not run the installer. If I'm right and this works, I'd delete the desktop icon you've been using and drag that little 1Password icon I had you use earlier onto your taskbar for easier access. This will keep it visible. As I mentioned a bit earlier, 1Password starts when you start your PC, so that icon will be available for you any time you need it. Let us know what you find out and we're here should you have any questions. :chuffed:

• LeFr
    LeFr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this works! Thanks a lot Bundtkate! :)

• Glad to hear it @LeFr! Let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.