Bug? Saved Usernames disappear

Options

This happened when I was still on a version 4 stand-alone client. Today, for the first time since August 2017, when I transferred over to version 6.x online, I had the same thing occur. A new "Login" record was created last week and used as recently as yesterday to auto-fill username & password. Today, I used 1Password to auto-fill the username and password for the same URL and there was no username in 1Password. I am running Windows 10 on a Desktop PC. I do have this version of 1PW on other devices but have not attempted to access this URL from any device except my Windows PC. I am using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Also, is there any way to run a report that displays username and password from 1PW so I can see how many other records have missing usernames? I was able to resort my view on the old client-installed version of 1PW so I could identify these, but don't see the ability to do this in my current 6.X online version. I ran the Diagnostic report, but it does not show that level of detail.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1PW Online
Referrer: forum-search:username not staying saved

Comments

• @mswartztex: That's certainly strange and not something that should be happening. Do you happen to recall if you've seen any update prompts for this site? 1Password shouldn't change any of your saved info without you telling it to update. Also, is the vault this item is saved in shared with anyone, by chance? Thanks! :chuffed:

• tealduck
    tealduck
    Community Member
    Options

@mswartztex: I used to get these problems a lot as well but ever since I started unchecking the boxes on the login screens to "NOT" remember my user name, the problems subsided. Those check boxes are helpful for our non-password manager friends but are really unnecessary for us.

• @tealduck: Thanks for the tip! I've not run into this myself, but I'm also very purposeful about telling sites not to remember anything so that may well be the reason for it. It's interesting that this caused you trouble though. I'll have to allow one site to remember my username and see if I run into similar issues. This might be something we can improve on, if that's the cause. Thanks again for sharing. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.