Editing form fields in 1Password for Windows

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing form fields?.

Comments

• WaldenL
    WaldenL
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Sorry to open an old issue (it's not that old :-) But while I see edit on the windows desktop app (v 6.7.457) am I missing delete, or is it not there. IOW, if there's a form field I want 1Password to just leave alone, how can I do that. If I blank out the value 1P blanks out the value in the form, I need 1P to just leave it alone. Yes, this is a exceedingly small % need, but I'm wondering since you put in edit (thanks!) if there was a plan to put in delete.

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017
    Options

@WaldenL: I see Ben sent you over to us here in the Windows topic since you're talking Windows app. Welcome! Could you give me a practical example of what you want to do here? Are you talking about a pre-filled form field you want 1Password to leave as-is?

• WaldenL
    WaldenL
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Sorry for, yet again, leaving this issue languishing for a while. Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, there's a pre-filled form field that 1Password saved as part of the login but I want left alone. I can blank out the value in the edit screen, but that then blanks out the value when I use 1P, which is understandable. What I really need is to just tell 1P to forget that field exists. This would seem a simple, and desirable, change. Just allow me to trash one (or more) of the form fields.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! That makes sense. I can't say just when it will be available, but it's something we'll be adding in the future. Thank you for letting us know you're looking forward to this feature! :)

This discussion has been closed.