1PW 7 beta not opening and filling bank sites

Options
tomjwright
tomjwright
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Using MAC 10.13.4 and 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-8 (70000008) with Safari. All earlier versions of 1 PW opened and automatically filled websites for various bank websites for which I had saved logins. With this beta of 1PW, none of the bank websites will automatically open and fill. I have to try different workarounds with each site. With some, I can open the appropriate 1PW item and click "Open and Fill". With others, I have to manually navigate to the site and manually enter the user names and passwords. All in all, I regret having paid to get this beta version. I was a happy user of the App Store version 6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjwright - I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying 1Password 7 for Mac. I do understand your frustration with the beta version, but in terms of purchasing, you got a 40% discount off what will be the release price of 1Password 7 for Mac in exchange for being willing to help us road-test version 7. At this point, the first thing I'd recommend is to try manually re-saving the logins for the affected sites. Let us know if that works for you.

• tomjwright
    tomjwright
    Community Member
    Options

Lars says: " in terms of purchasing, you got a 40% discount off what will be the release price of 1Password 7 for Mac in exchange for being willing to help us road-test version 7."

The other way of looking at the situation is that I wasted 40 dollars to replace a perfectly satisfactory piece of software with a crippled "update" that doesn’t even have the basic functions of the earlier version. At the time I made the purchase, I did not see any statement on the Agile Bits website that "open and fill" would not work in Safari. If I had seen that, I would not have made the purchase.

• Ben
    Options

@tomjwright

I’m sorry to hear we didn’t properly set expectations for you. As beta software it is expected that there will be bugs and incomplete features. The purpose of the beta is to discover bugs so that they can be fixed prior to the final release. The target audience for this update is folks who are willing to help us work toward that goal, with the understanding that the software is incomplete, and in exchange receive a 40% discount on a license that is valid for the completed product.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.