View of entry changes/lost post editing

Options

Post editing an entry in 1Password Application on Windows, the entry displayed will default to the 1st entry under the Login section.
This can be confusing when adding additional data to an entry, after saving the changes the entry, you are required to search for it again to review.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, Build 1803
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Post Editing 1Password entry in Application

Comments

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member
    Options

Correction to the above, this only affects entries under WATCHTOWER.

Example: adding 2FA - you are required to enter the code into the website, after scanning the QR Code. To view the 2FA code in 1Password you must first save the entry, however, on saving you are then redirected to the Logins under CATEGORIES.

• lazydesert
    lazydesert
    Community Member
    Options

I have this too. I'm trying to update items marked as having Unsecured Websites in Watchtower. After each edit, the screen refreshes to Categories > Login instead of staying on Watchtower > Unsecured Websites

• crios
    crios
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue also. It's becoming a MAJOR problem as I try to go through my watchtower items. I think I saw this happening with general items also but I may be mistaken.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're right. Not a great workflow right now in the brand new Watchtower feature. This is something we'll need to improve in future updates. Thanks for the constructive criticism!

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member
    Options

I guess there is some logic here, as once a Watchtower item has been remediated it is no longer under that category. Still, as a new user of 1password I found it confusing and frustrating. Several times I mistakenly edited the next item on the watchtower list thinking it was the previous. Usually involving TOTP entries as I was looking for the totp to complete the 2FA setup in respective site. When I didn't see it after saving I would simply hit edit again thinking I had made a mistake.

Still, got to say I am completely enamoured with this product, I haven't been so positively excited by a software application in years! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password overall, and we'll keep making it better with each update thanks to feedback from you and the rest of our awesome customers. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.