new computer - how to use my license key

Options

Hi, i suspect that i need to upgrade as i have a license key but from other posts I see that keys are no longer supported...is that corrcet? I'm not sure what version I had but I do know that the read only desktop version that i've just loaded onto my new Windows 10 machine and the Chrome extension look very different to what I had before. Anyhow, maybe someone could assist please..i did see a link on another post to an upgrade page but that didnt work. Thank you for any help.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: windows 10 pro
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @si_spence,

Thanks for writing in.

In 1Password 7 for Windows, we use a signed license file that you can download from the receipt email or our FastSpring store, not a license key. The previous versions of 1Password on Windows did use a license key.

If you already have 1Password 7 installed, open it and go to 1Password menu > Purchase License, click the blue link on the bottom to buy the license. When you do, you can double-click on the license file to register 1Password or add it via 1Password menu > License > Add license.

If you need to use 1Password 4 for whatever reasons, you can find it on the bottom right of our downloads page here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

This discussion has been closed.