Using NAS to sync between 1password on Mac and Windows

Options

Hi,

I don't see any force sync options in the application? 1password is on both machines (Mac and Window) using the same vault on the same NAS drive. However, if I make a change in one it doesn't reflect in the other, in a timely manner. I'm okay doing this manually, for instance force sync'ing on the Mac side to get all the changes I made on my Windows machine...but I don't see a way to do this.

I think I read in one agilebits article is if I made an edit in one of the records (e.g. logins) sync'ing should kick in. It didn't happen. Is there some kind of terminal command I can use to force it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Mac 7.0.7 /Win 7.1567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 mac / win10 enter. v. 1803
Sync Type: Local NAS

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @etime,

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you saying the behavior is the same on both computers? If yes, it does not sound like the issue is with 1Password but with your NAS' syncing tool, it may not be updating the folder correctly that tells 1Password that it is updated.

Is this a network share or a sync'ing tool provided from the NAS vendor?

There is no force sync option nor do we plan to add it. If it is not syncing on its own, then it is not working correctly.

Folder Sync in 1Password monitors the folders where your vaults are stored all the time, which means any time something in that folder changes, 1Password will know and sync to its internal database as needed. You are still required to have a tool to sync that folder between devices, 1Password does not handle that part.

This discussion has been closed.